Camping is a popular hobby, especially among vacationing families. Being outdoors and experiencing nature can be a very rewarding and pleasurable thing. Those that haven’t spent time camping may see it as archaic or inconvenient. Camping with an RV is a modern approach on the activity and there are some steps you can take to make the event more of a success.
• Gather all the equipment you plan on taking and organize it into a specific location so that you know where you can find it. This will keep things from being cluttered and will keep things easy to access. When you come up with something new that you need to bring with you, you can always add it.
• Use portable plastic containers for storage in your RV. These are easy to clean and can fit almost anywhere. These can provide additional space to more compact RVs.
• When packing, keep the heavy luggage on the bottom or as close to the floor as possible, with lighter items on the top. This will keep items steady during travel and, in case of turbulence, will keep damage from falling objects to a minimum.
• If you are looking to cut down on stops, make sure you pack enough frozen meals to last for the first day. These are easily prepared and take up little room.
• Essential items like bottled water, sugar, matches, kettles, sanitizing wipes, and the like are easy to forget but very important. These supplies can be found at most pit stops but if you don’t want to spend the time, don’t forget to pack what you need.
• You can prepare meals at home and freeze them to enjoy at your camp when you reach your destination.
• It can be difficult to get the vitamins and nutrients that your body need while camping. Be sure to bring plenty of fruits and vegetables for your trip, or any supplements you may need.
• Bring heavy duty trash bags to dispose of any garbage you may have.
Following these tips can help make your RV camping trip more enjoyable and serve as a reminder of what you may need. Camping can be a very enjoyable experience. Remember that you can’t prepare for everything, but that is part of the fun.